If you see any of my creations and would like one made or if I still have it in my stock. I'd be happy to sell it and am available for commission anytime. My Email is in the sidebar.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Bold and Bright Bird

I was lucky a little while ago and won a choice of any stamp set from artistic Stamper and this is one of the birds that I won. I'm not going to tell you how long it took to pick this out . Long time figuring it out.  This is one of those cards you need sunglasses to enjoy, but I'm really liking how this turned out. Love the sentiment Happy Wishes can be a birthday card or just a friendly Hello Card.  The image is coloured with pencil crayons using the burnish technique with using a lighter shade of the colours I was working in 
Challenges - 
613 Ave - AG + Twist of Birds or Feathers * honorable mention*
Amusing - Birds* won* 
Penny Black and More - Anything goes with a stamp 8/1
Pile it on - Use your Favorite colours - Yellows and Oranges
Stamping Sensations - AG + Stamps + Ribbons 8/1
The Pencil Case - W=Whatever !!!
WOW - FAve embossimg technique - layering different embossing powders to create a custom look 

Stamps - Artistic Stamper, Studio G
Papers - MME,Recollections, and tag from Judy, Base Cardstock.
Brads from Stash, Last of my fun orange fiber,
Ribbons - Fairy World,
Dies - Quickutz
Embossing powders - stampendous  brights yellow and green
Inks - Memento, Dare2Bartzy
Coloured with Pencil crayons 

Thanks for looking 
hugs Nikki 


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card to start my Monday morning! I love how you've coloured your image, I've not heard of the burnish technique. I quite understand how long it takes to choose digi stamps especially when it's fabulous artwork :D. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright sunshiny card Nikki. Just what I need on a wet rain sodden Monday morning (with the house upside down because the guys have moved in to start the new kitchen). Love the stamp you chose - now I just might have to go and find out a bit more about it. Great work Nikki!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheeky bird card.Such warm colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bright, warm colours!
    Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card and loving the gorgeous cheerful colors!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty and fun card. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely bright and colourful card, love that exotic looking bird

    Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I just love to read them.
I do sell my cards if you see something you like send me an email it's in the side bar.
hugs Nikki
Check out Visit Limited Runs Stamps
Digital Stamps for those on a budget