If you see any of my creations and would like one made or if I still have it in my stock. I'd be happy to sell it and am available for commission anytime. My Email is in the sidebar.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Xmas Cards & a Tut on Aged Tags

Christmas is getting closer and here's 2 cards I've done up all for xmas to mail around the world :)
these are simple cards cause I wanted to show off the cute images (stamps from Motivet and I found out
that they are closing down their store so sad so get em while you can), One thing I love is Large Paint chips
they have such bold and beautiful colors they are the borders around each image so vibrant and if I paint the room the same color they go perfectly lol


Recipe - Motivet Stamps, Studio G sentiment, Die cut Florishes, Stampin Up Punch,
Papers-Cardstock,Daisy D's,the Paper Company & Paint Chips, Colored with touch Markers
Inks - Black & Red, Brown(chalk), Clear Stampin Up embossing

Challenges -
Scrappy Frog - Merry Christmas 12/5
Crafty Pad - Red/Green 11/28
Let's Ink it Up - No Digi's & Recycle it Crazy 4 Challenges - Circles Our daily Bread - Hoilday Cards Hodge Podge - Anything Scrapbook Sisters Christmas tree ABC Christmas- X = Xmas Cards Only ABC - H = Hoildays Florishes - Christmas Simon Says Stamp & show - What makes you happy Paper Pals - Clean and Simple

Creating a Vintage/Aged Tag

I used a white tag and Stamped on the sentiment then using a lite brown chalk ink I ran it softly all over it and heavier around the edges then, Dipped it into my embossing powder (not Perfectly either) you want it to miss places and look a little bumpy then emboss it to set, take the same brown and rub it all over it again you'll now see the ink getting stuck inside the grooves and darking the paper that the embossing missed this time you want to emboss again with clear to set it and float some of the ink in the embossing this will add depth and some will be lighter and some ink darker and that's all I did have fun with it
(if you click on the 2nd card you'll see what I mean with missing embossing powder on 1st pass)


thanks for looking
Hugs Nikki

Don't forget to enter my Candy draw here

13 comments:

  1. Cute image - makes up into a very nice Christmas cards, Your vintage tags are wonderful too. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image!! Too cute! Beautiful Holiday creation. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute images, love that the cards are totally different. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely creation. Thanks for joining us in the X Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, I so wish I was ahead of the game with mine. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thanks for playing along at The crafty pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet cards! Love seeing the two different looks you got! Thanks for playing at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute cards! Thankyou for joining this weeks challenge at Scrapbook Sisters,Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card.
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up. Good Luck.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Nikki :-) the image is very cute and the papers and colours are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet cards!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to use paint chips! Great job! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards! I love all the little details. Your stitching is beautiful and what a great way to age something. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at The Hodge Podge Shop. Hope to see you again soon! BTW, I have candy on my blog too, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I just love to read them.
I do sell my cards if you see something you like send me an email it's in the side bar.
hugs Nikki
Check out Visit Limited Runs Stamps
Digital Stamps for those on a budget